Welcome to my Weblog!


I dedicate this site to sharing my feelings, thoughts and opinions on issues pertaining to social-politics in Malaysia.
I am agreeable to my writings being reproduced in any other media provided they are credited to this site. You are most welcome to give comments and suggestions but please be 'decent' in doing so.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This is what I want, Utusan Meloya!

With regards to your article published yesterday, April 28, 2010 in Utusan Malaysia Online – Rencana written by Zaini Hassan entitled “Orang Cina Malaysia, apa lagi yang anda mahu”?; I’m telling you NOW what I want and I believed many of Malaysians wanted too, whether they are ‘orang Cina Malaysia, orang Melayu Malaysia, orang India Malaysia or orang Kadazan, Iban, Melanau Malaysia that have voted for Pakatan Rakyat or BN in Ulu Selangor and in the past.

1. I want the government of the day to fulfill their responsibility and be accountable

I have been paying my tax dutifully for the past 15 years. Being as a tax payer, I expect the government of the day to fulfill their responsibility and be accountable to their own people. The government needs to manage the country to bring the greatest benefits to its entire people, from providing shelter, safety, healthcare to education and to ensure a positive and sustainable environment to live and work in.

For example, the duty of the police force is to prevent crimes and reduce crime rate in the country. With the empowerment given to them, shouldn’t they need to fulfill their duty diligently?

Are they supposed to hide somewhere on a busy traffic road hoping to catch someone who offended minor traffic offences while the mat rempit, the snatch theft cases, roadside robbery occur rampantly?

Wouldn't the police force be held accountable and answerable in the event that on Monday, April 27, 2010, 15 year-old Aminulrasyid Amzah was fatally shot by the police in Shah Alam, also Norizan Salleh, 30, who was shot 5 times by police along the MRR II in Gombak on Oct 30 last year? What about Kugan and many others who died in the police custody?

Wouldn't the MACC to fulfill the duty to investigate the Port Klang Free Trade Zone Scandal involving RM12.5 million, the RM3.7 billion submarine deals that links to Razak Baginda and Altantuya Shaariibuu, Khir Toyo’s RM2.3 million or RM23 million mansion in Shah Alam; instead of your ‘fishing expedition’ with the political assistant of opposing party till wee hours, ended with the death of Teoh Beng Hock?

Each day, we the tax payers are discovering more and more potential scandals, corruptions, abuse of power of the authorities that we as voters have elected into power.

Utusan Malaysia, do you expect we the tax payers and voters to continue to vote Umno and BN into power again and again even if they, the ruling party has fail miserably to take action against those in the authorities that not only failed their duty, they have abuse the power bestow to them by the Rakyat themselves?

2. I want a clean and efficient government

I want the authorities and government servant to be the Rakyat’s servant, to facilitate, support and help its’ people instead of putting more barriers, red tapes, difficulties to the people they serve, for some reasons we know best.

3. I want the best education and health system available for our children

This does not mean the best build schools or most modern hospitals. It means we shall reward the teachers, doctors, nurses and other professionals’ best and every effort taken to keep the best brain in Malaysia!

The 300,000 brain drain last year alone to other countries, means we are losing our best teachers, doctors, nurses, scientists, and other professionals to the world.

As such, how am I going to have the best education and health system for my children and future generation in Malaysia?

What have you, BN, done to chase away such an amount of talents and expertise?

Utusan Malaysia, do you expect me to vote for BN?

4. I want all Malaysians to be safe and to feel safe in their home country

Can my daughter, wife, mother or myself feel safe to take a taxi to work/to school or walk alone back home in the early morning or late evening without the fear of being rob, rape, kidnap or murdered?

Why the Rakyat have to pay every month from their own pocket to hire security guards in their residential areas to protect their family and properties? Am I feeling safe and secure?

The government of the day (BN) has failed even to provide the minimum standard of living – feeling safe and secure in their homeland for its Rakyat.

Utusan Malaysia, vote for BN? Seriously?

5. I want to be proud as a Malaysian!

With the news of women being cane in jail, murder case of Altantuya, sodomy charges against our ex-deputy PM and now Opposition leader, witness died in the authority’s custody, burning of churches, Perkasa’s Ibrahim Ali’s interview with Al Jazeera, purchased of submarine that can’t submerge and jet fighter that find its engine missing etceteras; it is getting difficult to show how proud I am as a Malaysian.

I want to tell the world that I am proud being a Malaysian, with its multi-ethnic, multi-cultural nation, a truly rainbow nation. I want to let the world known too that Malaysian have the best talent, best food and blessed with the best the nature could offer.

Utusan Malaysia, vote for BN? Again? You must be joking!

And stop calling us ‘orang Cina Malaysia’, we are all MALAYSIANS!

No comments:

Post a Comment